Options Thrift Shop opened in 1991 as a pre-vocational training activity for participants in the Mental Health Residential Programs. Volunteers from Options programs learn basic retail and customer service skills under the guidance of an Options staff member.
The thrift shop is grateful for donations and welcomes volunteers interested in working with our participants in this very supportive environment. The shop partners regularly with local charitable organizations to reduce waste and ensure donated items that can’t be sold in the shop benefit people in need.
The thrift shop relies on volunteers and is subject to closing on occasion. Please call before you visit.
Lake Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
Hours: 10am – 4pm Tuesday – Saturday
All donations should be in good condition, meet current safety standards, and be fully operational. Donations are only accepted on Thursday’s and Saturday’s. Please call 631-676-4579 before dropping off donated goods to ensure someone is there to receive them. Thank you!
Acceptable donations include:
- Men’s, Women’s, and children’s clothing and shoes
- Accessories (Jewelry, watches, Hats, Handbags, etc.)
- New in package/sealed Perfume, Cosmetics, and Toiletry items
- Undergarments (must be new with tags/in packaging)
- Cookware (pots and pans, dinnerware, glassware, silverware, serving dishes, etc.)
- Housewares including floor lamps, table lamps, and home decor
- Small appliances/electronics
- Battery Operated electronics
- Small LCD, LED, or Plasma TV’s
- Musical Instruments
- Holiday themed merchandise
- Arts and Crafts items
- Children’s toys and select baby items (including bouncy seats, strollers, high chairs, and Port-a-cribs)
We do not accept donations of:
- Furniture of any kind
- Mattresses of any kind
- Desktop computers or computer accessories
- Phones of any kind
- Glass screen TV’s and monitors
- Gas powered equipment (lawn mower, snow blower, etc.)
- Athletic equipment or accessories including cleats and uniforms
- Perishable items including open cosmetics/hygiene products
- Consumer product recalled items