Options provides comprehensive care management for Medicaid eligible Long Islanders; adults and children, with multiple chronic illnesses, serious mental illness, or HIV/AIDS. Services are provided in partnership with area Health Homes. Care coordinators help to improve individual health by arranging:
- Health care services (doctor visits, therapist, nutritionist, pharmacist and more)
- Participation in mental health treatment and substance use disorder services
- Early intervention, pediatric health and specialty services for children
- Linkage to community groups and resources
- Housing assessment and referral
- Entitlement activation and maintenance
Care coordination is designed to help Medicaid recipients with high-cost and complex medical conditions to access regular care and avoid unnecessary hospitalizations.
*Important – Services are also available to individuals who are HIV positive, and do not have Medicaid, or are uninsured or under-insured.
For more information call: