Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
We can help!
Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) allow adult Medicaid beneficiaries recovering from mental illness and/or substance use disorder to receive services in their own home or community rather than at institutions or other isolated settings. Services are flexible, collaborative and integrated to address the person’s specific goals and empower them to succeed. A care coordinator or case manager can help determine eligibility for these services:
- Independent living skills such as cooking, healthy eating, fitness, budgeting and paying bills, socializing, and time management.
- Anger and stress management and help you maintain your recovery from mental health and/or substance use.
- Peer support provided by individuals with shared personal experiences
- Pre-vocational employment skills such as resume writing, practice interviews, applying for jobs online, and connection to volunteer opportunities.
- Education support services such as help registering for classes and navigating financial aid, studying or applying for certifications, and homework/classwork assistance.
- Family support and training to help family members become more supportive of you.
- Other services may be available upon request
For More Information Contact:
(631) 361-9020 X 1149